Looking after your hair is very important. If you don’t bother, you could end up with dry, brittle hair that looks very unhealthy. A healthy head of hair is the first thing a person needs to look healthy and attractive, so if this is your goal then take the advice in this essential hair care guide:
Washing Your Hair
When you wash your hair, there are a few rules you should stick to in order to get the best possible results. Many people wash their hair every day, or every other day and then wonder why their hair isn’t in optimum condition. Let’s take a look:
- When you wash your hair, only use products suited to your hair type. If you don’t know it, find out what it is by speaking to a professional.
- Really massage your hair when you shampoo, as well as your scalp. Apply conditioner only to the ends of your hair to smooth the ends and avoid greasy roots.
- Avoid washing your hair too often. I only wash my hair twice per week at most! You can use dry shampoo in between and it’ll look just fine and smell great. Your style will stick better with unwashed hair too.
Drying Your Hair
When you dry your hair you can damage it if you do it wrong. Here’s what to do:
- If you can, leave your hair to dry naturally. You could even blow dry your fringe and then leave the rest to dry off naturally after giving it a headstart with a towel.
- Use a round brush to create a smooth, bouncy look to your hair.
- Always use a serum to protect your hair from the heat of the hair dryer.
- Blow dry upside down if you’d like more volume at the root.
Treating Your Hair
Every now and again you should treat your hair in a different way to washing it.
- Apply a hair mask once every couple of weeks and leave overnight to see lovely results. You get what you pay for – the salon brand masks are usually amazing compared to cheaper brands.
- You can even make your own hair masks from things you’ll find around the house.
- Apply a hair oil after washing to make your hair look shiny and smooth.
- If you need a little extra on top, you always have the option of going for a hair transplant abroad. You’ll find that these treatments are affordable and can solve any hair worries you have.
Protecting Your Hair
As mentioned before, it’s important that you protect your hair from things that could damage it.
- Avoid using too many products when you can avoid it.
- Always use heat protectant when using heated appliances on your hair.
- Be careful of exposing your hair to the sun too much as this can also damage the texture of your hair.
- Be careful brushing your hair when wet, as it can break your hair and make it look frizzy.
Practice the above tips this year and you’ll find that all of your hair worries disappear!