When you’re asked to be a bridesmaid, the last thing you want to do is to draw attention away from the bride on the big day. However, at the same time you want to look your best – after all, the attention will also be on you as a key part of the wedding party as well as on the happy couple. With this in mind, it’s important to ensure that you get everything just right when it comes to your appearance, and this includes getting your wedding makeup as perfect as possible.
These days, a lot of focus goes on the bridesmaids at a wedding, as seen in the hit romantic comedy movie Bridesmaids. This hugely popular movie demonstrated the importance women place on being the perfect bridesmaid and it was a big hit amongst women, many of whom could probably relate to the situation. In fact the popularity of Bridesmaids saw it being turned into a slot game available at online casinos such as Euro Palace. Euro Palace offers a range of additional slots in addition to this new slot, such as Hot as Hades, Penguin Splash and Lucky Leprechaun amongst others.
Tips to help get it just right
There are a number of tips that can help you to avoid mistakes and really enhance your appearance when it comes to doing your bridesmaids makeup for the big day. Some tips to bear in mind include:
- Avoid opting for makeup to match the outfit: Some bridesmaids make the mistake of opting for makeup colours to match the outfit but this is not the best idea – after all, bridesmaids’ outfits can come in all sorts of colours. Instead, focus on colours that suit your skin tone and bring out the best in your features.
- Be individual with your makeup: There is little point trying to ensure your makeup is the same as that of the other bridesmaids, as you have to take differences such as skin tone, face shape, eye colour and other things into consideration. Therefore be individual so that you can bring out the best in your features rather than just trying to all look the same with potentially disastrous results!
- Don’t feel pressured to wear your hair up: Many bridesmaids assume that the etiquette is to have the hair up. However, you should wear your hair in a style that flatters your face rather than feeling pressured into wearing it in a certain style.
- Opt for subtlety: While you should always opt for shades that will really enhance your features you should avoid going over the top. Not only will that come across as brash but you may look as though you are trying to outdo the bride, which is never a good idea. Remember, it is the bride’s big day so you should aim to look great but not overshadow the star of the show.
- Invest in a professional: In many cases, the bride will arrange for your makeup to be done. However, this is not always possible based on the budget of the bride and groom. If you have been left to your own devices with regards to makeup but you are not confident that you can do a good job, consider getting a professional to do it for you.
With these tips you can help to avoid potential makeup disasters when you are acting as bridesmaid and can instead enjoy bringing out the best in your features and appearance for the big day.